I have been experimenting with Reverse Appliqué on the sewing machine. fun fun fun. You layer your quilt sandwich with a second layer on top, do the stitching, then cut away parts thru the first layer only... Very easy, and fun to watch the color pattern emerge as you cut.
A week ago I trimmed the corner of my finger off with the rotary cutter, but I am back at it this weekend. Today I sewed thru another finger. Oh my.
This weekend's projects were to patch a very utilitarian bed-cover slash dog-blanket. It had multiple holes in it from happy little dog claws rolling and crawling. I figure I'll just keep adding patches until it totally resembles a Japanese boro cover.
I put together and quilted my first donation quilt of the year. I am way behind on making donation quilts this year. This one still needs the binding and washing. It was made out of a stack of green and aqua scraps, and I put a white french rose in the corner.
Finished a French Rose Baby Quilt today... for my nephews baby girl to be born in October.
This quilt design uses raw edge appliqué, which is fun and shabby and easy to make, but the down part is that quilting over the raw edges is difficult. It washed up wonderful though. Washing is so forgiving on quilting!
I didn't use a pattern, just cut the base blocks, then the flower layers, and the petals. I did cut away the excess fabric under the flowers. There are tutorials for the French Rose on line. Fun quilt.