These are quilt finishes after an upgrade to my quilting machine. For years I have quilted with my Juki on a Grace frame, now I'm using an Avante 18 on it's frame from Handiquilter. I've been finishing up some tops that have been sitting for a long while, plus making new.
1. Green Cross quilt. Made just because.
2. Crown Royal quilt. Made for a nephew to gift his father-in-law.
3. Wintry stars. Made with fabric gifted to me. Will gift at Christmas.
4. Alabama Crimson Red quilt. Made for a friend to gift to his wife.
5. Small squares of all scraps. Gifted to son's girlfriend.
6. Improv baby quilt. Just mellowing out with lighter colors.
That's the stack. I still have tops to quilt, and squares to make tops out of, and ideas to materialize.
It's not only July already, but nearing the end of July.
I, again, am guilty of ignoring my blog. Much due to a steady summer and some due to the fact that I just don't know how to work pictures between the iPhone and mac anymore! These ones I took and emailed to myself and etc. These are of a quilt for a one year old girl, whom I haven't met yet, but she is going to have to have her leg amputated towards the end of August. She is the child of a friend of one of my sons. It touched my heart, so of course - a quilt was made.
Just a note, lets be thankful for all we have and all that modern medicine can do.
Here is the sweetie with her quilt. She was blessed to only loose her ankle and foot, not further up. Precious baby.