Sunday, December 07, 2008

How I did it.... and more doodles.

Beth asked how I did the last art post….
Here are the steps…
Keep in mind that I am venturing away from the fabric medium for the first time….
And am just experimenting without knowledge!
First I doodled the middle – I found the bird on-line, drew it, and the swirls inside the circle.
I then scanned the image to print out and use that copy to continue on in case I messed up I would still have the original.
Second I used oil pastel sticks in blue and orange and colored heavily around the circle. I took a piece of fabric over my finger and rubbed the color in an outward motion.
I then scanned again and printed a copy to continue on. (Is this cheating?)
Then I took my new bottle of Gesso that I know is a base to go under art, but I put it over instead with haphazard outward brush strokes. I then took a wadded up paper towel and swiped over the center enough to get the design to show better.


That’s that.
By scanning and printing a copy, you also have the same piece to have more fun with later...



Here is today’s doodle revealing my Holiday stress…






10 comments:

Judy S. said...

Love your holiday doodle, Kat, especially the line, "Time is ticking away." How true, but then it always is! I've enjoyed watching Linda's (Blue Eyed Girl) experiments with varied mediums....looks like you're following suit! These are really fun, and I liked reading the process.

Mary Bee said...

I am loving watching your artistic talent race off in a new direction. As for scanning and using being cheating, as far as I'm aware, when it comes to art nothing is cheating unless you use someone elses art. If it is yours you can do what you want, how you want. It is yours and the end product is your art. No rules, no regulations. Freedom to create I say.

I love that final Zentangle. It is wonderful.

Art4Sol said...

love your drawings....you're full of good ideas...thanks for sharing them.
Darlene

Werna Gail said...

Playing a little catch up, first let me say I really like your new medium, and yes doodling can be very additting. What a cute picture of Annie, glad she is doing
so well. And I love the olive tree, have you eaten any of them?
BE BLESSED

Lunaverse said...

Gorgeous! I swear you've been peeking at my sketchbook ;)

Naturegirl said...

Cat you creative spirit..I am loving all the new projects as of late!
You catch on quick..wonderful artwork!Now how about a cat or a dog..with a Christmas bow!

Judypatooote said...

Your a great doodler....I checked out all the doodles and they look like fun....give Annie a smooch from me.....judy

Bethel of Bethania said...

Ohh Cat how I agree with your Holiday Stress but the sad thing is I don't work as such so I really should have all the time in the world so to speak ... dear dear & it's all getting closer & closer ... so best be off to do something ... keep up the great work ... love looking at your 'doodles' ... luv ... B

allie aller said...

Wow, Cat, it has been too long since I have come by for a visit. You have really launched into a wonderful new direction.
Fabulous!

One Crabapple said...

HA ! FANNNN - TASTICAL

in all it's forms.

Love that gesso over oil move. That looks beautiful.

It looked beautiful before ... !

You are way beyond doodling here....

Now where have I been that I have not been coming here to watch the pages ?

I swear I can't believe this many days passed....

A whole month of doodles practically!